|聘用形式 :||Full Time|
|要求相關工作經驗年數 :||1-2 years|
|修讀學科 :||Journalism and Communication|
Reuters is looking for a journalist or researcher who has 1-2 years of experience with data collection and verification to begin work immediately.
The hire will collect publicly-available information about current government office holders, such as their names, titles and links to their social media accounts. The work comprises collecting an initial set of data and then updating it with changes over the course of the employment contract. There may also be an opportunity to work on other similar projects.
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
· Collect data related to a particular office holder or political candidate such as: social media accounts, official website, public contact details, date officeholder took office, among other similar attributes.
· Contact political parties to gather political party logos, party colors and party abbreviations and upload them to a webpage.
· Provide ongoing monitoring of the data collected. (eg Is officeholder’s Facebook page still accurate?)
· Monitor the news for a particular country for big events affecting an officeholder. (eg has an officeholder been forced to resign for some reason?)
· If necessary for a particular country, liaise with the electoral results provider to help translate and understand electoral process.
· Work with local Reuters bureau, where relevant, to understand election process.
· Translate any election-related documents.
· Liaise with the electoral commission of a particular country to facilitate Reuters receipt of election results, if relevant.
Essential Skills & Experience Required:
· Fluent English and Chinese
· Keen eye for detail and accuracy
· Knowledge of local politics
· Ability to use tools for monitoring the web, eg Google Alerts
· Sense of urgency and strong communication skills
· Experience performing data collection or data validation.
· Interest in politics and elections.
· Interest in journalism and data
· No specific qualifications required
More Information About Thomson Reuters:
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world’s largest independent multimedia news provider, reaching more than one billion people every day. Over 2,500 journalists in nearly 200 locations around the globe deliver unparalleled international and national news coverage in 16 languages with speed, impartiality and insight to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world’s media organizations and directly to consumers on Reuters.com. Reuters stays true to the letter and spirit of the Thomson Reuters Trust Principles, ensuring independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
NB: Flexible working options will be considered as part of this application. E.g. Job shares
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Please apply at: https://jobs.thomsonreuters.com/ShowJob/Id/493533/Data-Researcher/
Thomson Reuters Hong Kong Limited
|業務性質 :||Information Technology and News & Media|
|公司地址 :||15/F, 14 Taikoo Wan Road, Taikoo Shing, Hong Kong|