Data Analyst (PR0082/21-22)
|聘用形式 :||Full Time|
|修讀學科 :||Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Operations Research, Computer Science or other related quantitative disciplines|
|月薪範圍 :||negotiable,hkd 27000-43000|
OFFICE OF INSTITUTIONAL RESEARCH AND PLANNING (OIRP)
Data Analyst (PR0082/21-22)
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager (Analytics and Business Intelligence) and Manager (Planning and Performance), the appointee supports institutional planning and decision-making through data mining, research, providing relevant and sound analysis and interpretation of quantitative data, and creating data visualisations to drive actionable insights.
- Translate institutional needs and develop algorithms, predictive models, prototypes, and data visualisations;
- Perform ETL, creation of data structures to produce reports/ dashboards to make data actionable and facilitate decision-making;
- Applies design and data analysis techniques to organise the presentation of data in impactful ways to make it easier to understand and actionable by end users;
- Iteratively design report prototypes for user feedback;
- Troubleshoot issues on BI reports and dashboards;
- Conducting testing, deployment, ongoing maintenance and application support to ensure smooth delivery of useful insights;
- Provide training to internal stakeholders on the use of analytical tools, reports and/or dashboards where required; and
- Perform other ad-hoc management reports development as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Operations Research, Computer Science or other related quantitative disciplines;
- At least three years of relevant work experience in data analytics, data modelling, statistical analysis, or database design/administration such as data warehouse;
- Familiar with data structure, database design and ETL;
- Strong Excel skills required, fluency in SQL or other big data querying languages would be an advantage;
- Hands-on experience in relational databases and data modelling;
- Experience in advanced analytics tools such as Alteryx, SAS, SPSS, and/or R to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets;
- Data visualisation experience is essential (QlikSense preferred);
- Qlik certifications are an advantage but not essential;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English and Chinese; and
- Attentive to details; willing to continuously learn and be highly self-motivated.
Initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of two years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement.
Those who have responded to the previous advertisements need not re-apply.
Salary and rank of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Applicants not invited for interview 8 weeks after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions then applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 24 October 2021
Hong Kong Baptist University
|公司地址 :||Kowloon Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong|